Welcome to Design Vs Dev, a podcast about web development from the different perspectives of designers and developers. In our second episode, Drew and Micah discuss CSS Preprocessors, specifically SASS and LESS.
- What is a CSS Preprocessor? Why use one?
- What are some of the basic features?
- Which is the right one for you? SASS or LESS?
- How can I dabble with it to see if I like it?
- Once I like it (you will…) how do I integrate it into my existing workflow?
- What parts can I safely ignore at the start?
- SASS Homepage
- Installation options and code editors that support SASS
- Using SASS with Foundation
- Compass, a SASS framework (Fairly advanced. Feel free to ignore this at the start.)
- LESS Homepage
- Using LESS with Bootstrap
iTunes and Stitcher