November 24, 2014 | Design Vs Dev
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
Today we discuss Scalable Vector Graphics (SVGs) and how to use them on the web.
We are joined by Maria Dixon, a designer and illustrator from Savannah, Georgia. You can find her on:
- What is an SVG?
- Where can you get them? How can you make them?
- What are they good for?
- What are they not good for?
- Logos: Why are they not distributed as SVG natively?
- What browsers natively support SVG?
If you’re not already a subscriber, make sure to add Design vs Dev to your podcast client. You can easily subscribe in either iTunes or Stitcher Radio.
- Official SVG spec
- Mozilla SVG docs
- Pictonic – A (paid) library with 1000s of vectors
- Inkscape – The free / Open Source illustration application