Today we discuss freelancing (full-time or just moonlighting) and how to charge for your services. Note: We’re not discussing how much to charge, but instead how to connect the payment to the work: fixed price, hourly, or other.
AWDG Official Podcast
Design vs Dev is now the official podcast of the AWDG, the Atlanta Web Design Group. We will be reaching out more to the AWDG community for topics and guest hosts, plus we will have a special place on the AWDG website. A big thanks to the AWDG for adopting us!
- What are a few different pricing models for freelancers?
- Are there differences between designers and developers when it comes to pricing models?
- What are the pros/cons of fixed price bidding?
- What are the pros/cons of an hourly rate?
- What about hybrid models, like pay-per-week or pay-per-iteration?
Call for Guest Hosts
Hey you! We want you on the podcast! If you’re a designer or developer and have a topic you’d like to discuss, we would love to have you on the show. It will take about an hour of your time to record, and you’ll get a chance to plug yourself, your product, and/or your company. All you have to do is talk about something you’re passionate about. Send me an email at email@example.com with your topic idea and we’ll go from there.
If you’re not already a subscriber, make sure to add Design vs Dev to your podcast client. You can easily subscribe in either iTunes or Stitcher Radio.